Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hello

I left for Lagos on the 17th of January 2011 and got back to London 2 weeks later, had a great time and the more i go to naija, the more i miss home.Its rough but enjoyable and i am actually looking to move back at some point in the near future.

I enjoyed the food shout out to white house in sabo, yaba that place was introduced to me by 'demi and not forgetting mama peju at alagomeji , designer rice at bank-olemoh street off akerele, in surulere these place are mama put joints. men, if its only for the food.. I LUV NAIJA .Finally got my self my naija pali after about 25 years or so without one.

I also discovered naija radio, not that i dont listen to it each time i come home but this time because i spent a lot of time in the car i had a really good listen to radio.Plenty station to choose from for all tastes and they has really come of age but my one gripe is most of the presenters sound foreign!!Everyone is sounding either yankee or like a britiko but one station i really enjoyed was radio continental 102.5fm and the wetin dey crew show between 3-5pm week days, fantastic ... tatafo, mama, wale and the other person who's name escapes me made me laugh o, they should broadcast on line, its a very very fun show and i can't recommend it highly enough, its simply a funny take of current affairs in nja .

Places i visited

Quintessentially on Ademola Adetokunbo really really nice membership club and where i met Osahon Omoruyi ,who gave me the number for his brother Osaze who prior to that time i had not seen for about 30 years. Osaze and I were classmates in Primary School,Surulere Baptist School. Also Spoke to Odunayo who i also had not spoken to since say 1991 Since i left IFE .

Oceanview @ Eko Hotel really good chinese cuisine

Aris Suites at Osborne Foreshore Estate inIkoyi Nice little hotel in Lagos

Soul Lounge at Shoprite Lekki Nice joint on the Island

SilverBird Victoria Island -okay didn't see what the fuss is all about though we didnt stay too long

Ozone Centre Sabo - same as above


MUSIC i brought back

  • Vector-State of Surprise -good album,alejo classic jay-z sound alike but good cd
  • MI- MI2 the movie -alejo classic,nuff said
  • Ruggedman-Untouchable-not feeling it at the moment
  • Mo'cheddah-Franchise Celebrity-havent actually listened to it
  • Tha Suspect-I am music-Talented dude really good cd alejo classic
  • Kas- aka Fimile-only like one song fimile remix or is me alone not feeling
  • Chuddy K-I am me - haven't really listened to it
  • Mr Raw Nwanne -End of Discussion-like he says end of discussion Good cd
  • Lynxxx-This is Lynxxx-cool what is utunu?
  • Bella+Frank Edwards -Higher Place-Gospel
  • Jah Bless-Overground-hmmmm not feeling it at moment might change my mind later after a proper listen

No comments: